Doctors’ pan-India strike: Doctors not BJP workers, Mamata can’t threaten them, says BJP MP
Doctors’ nationwide strike LIVE Updates: Healthcare services across the country are likely to take a hit on Monday as the Indian Medical Association’s is set to hold a nationwide doctors’ strike in solidarity with the protesting doctors in Kolkata.
The IMA has decided to withdraw all non-essential services on Monday (June 17). IMA members will also stage a dharna at its headquarters in New Delhi. Emergency and casualty services, however, will continue to function. While India is bracing for a nationwide strike by the doctors, AIIMS Delhi has decided to stay away from the protests to take care of the patients.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has reportedly agreed to meet the Kolkata doctors who went on a strike on Tuesday (June 11) after one of their colleagues was assaulted by a patient’s relatives who died. The meeting is likely to take place at an auditorium adjacent to the state secretariat at 3 pm.
- AIIMS Bhubaneshwar doctors hold protest
- Doctors at Guwahati Medical College hold protest
- Doctors on strike at Sir Sunderlal Hospital in Banaras Hindu University
- Doctors protest at Victoria hospital, Bengaluru
- AIIMS Delhi doctors on strike from 12 noon (Monday) to 6 am (Tuesday)
- Doctors on strike at Jaipuria Hospital in Jaipur
- 7.Gujarat: Sir Sayajirao General Hospital doctors hold protest